Thursday, July 11, 2013

Canoe Polo report

On Sunday 7th of July, Parkvale 1 and Parkvale 2 both went to Flaxmere pools to play the semifinals against each other. We all waited for 5 minutes and it was full time then it was our turn to play. There was 15 seconds until play, we were all lined up in the water with our canoes and off we went. The buzzers went of it was all on, Parkvale 1 got the ball and threw it to Jack and they got a goal. We all went back to halfway and the buzzer went off again, Parkvale 1 again got the ball and threw it to Jack and they scored once again. Once again we went to half way, it started play but straight away the hooter went off.


It was the second half and we changed ends and lined up again. The buzzer went off and Parkvale 2 got the ball. Camron had the ball and I yelled out I am open so he passed it to me and I got a goal I was really happy. We all went back to halfway and we marked a player each. Parkvale 1 started with the ball, Jack passed  it it was just a bit short!, I got the ball my canoe was floating up towards the goal I took the shot and I got it then it was full time. We had to go into extra time because there can only be one winner and that one team goes into the grand final. We both swapped sides for the third time, the ref threw the ball in the water and Parkvale 1 got the ball, Henry threw the ball to Jack,  he had a go and Ethan saved the goal we were so relieved at the time. Ethan threw the ball to me and I passed it to Cameron, I said I am going long so he threw the ball to me. Parkvale 1 was already there they were so quick I looked at the goalkeeper and I took the shot we won! I shouted we won and that was full time and the score was 3-2 to Parkvale 2.

20 minutes later it was the final. In the first half Frimley was winning 3 to nil. It was the second half and we got a goal straight away and that made the score 3-1. 2 minutes later we scored a goal and that 2-3 with 2 minutes left. Then Frimley scored a goal and I was gutted with I minute to go. The ref threw the ball in the water and we got the ball and we just scored with 2 seconds left and that made it 3-4 to Frimley

1 comment:

  1. Nicely written Dan. I remember the semi final and finals being exactly as you have written. This was a nice story to read.

    ReplyDelete